How to apply for the National Assistance Card
Applications for the National Assistance Card are now available.
At the end of the application you will be asked to consent to the information you include on your Card being shared with Police in the State/Territory where you live. Reading the FAQ information here will help you understand why.
To help you with your application we recommend you:
Read the relevant How To Apply Guide
- The How To Apply Guides assist with the application process;
- The Guides can be downloaded and printed, or read on a screen;
- You can refer to the Guides while you complete your application.
For details - visit the How To Apply Guide section below.
Watch the 'How To' videos included in the application
- Some areas of the National Assistance Card application contain videos which help guide you through the current screen and what is required;
- You may also view the "Online Application Overview" video to learn what you will need to complete your National Assistance Card application.
For details - visit the Helpful Videos section below.
Ask a family member, friend or support worker to help you
- Having a family member, friend or support worker with you may assist with some areas of the National Assistance Card application process.
If you need further assistance - you may contact the National Assistance Card team.
Ready to apply for the National Assistance Card?
If you have completed the above steps, you are ready to apply for the National Assistance Card.